Monday, February 7, 2011

Life unexpected

I was told that writing everything down can help you in deal with whatever you're going through. I honestly don't how that works, but I guess I can give it a shot.

 I am currently attending Roosevelt University in Chicago. Great school, fantastic city, and very unique people. Things you don't see everyday in my hometown down in southern Illinois. I'm am studying elementary education then hoping to get my masters in higher education. What am I gonna do with all that? I wish I knew. College has been one crazy ride. I have transferred two times and have been to three schools in my three years. That list includes: SIUC, SWIC, and now Roosevelt. I don't know why I can never make up my mind about schools, maybe I'm just picky, or scared to settle, I don't know.  Am I transferring next year? HA..depends on the circumstances that may lie ahead me. Not looking forward to any of that. My wish is to stay in Chicago, I can't get enough of this place. There is SOOOO much to do and SOOOO much to see, I just wish I had the money to do it all! So plan is to STAY, which will be nice since I have been starting over every fall since 2008. Cross your fingers ;)

My friends and family, like most, mean EVERYTHING to me. I'll admit I have taken them for granted at times, but that just happens in life I guess. My parents have been so supportive of me when it comes to my education and life in general. Especially my mom. The way she takes care of my family is unbelievable. She always puts us first and never lets me down, something I really admire in her. My dad is just goofy. He is mostly very quiet and to himself, but when he starts talking, you may find him hilarious. My three sisters are very bright and very smart. I love hanging out with them and annoying them in every way possible. They always have their words of encouragement for me and always supporting me. Without them, my life would be oooh so boring.

I miss my friends back home. More about them later =)

I guess this is my first post. I mean, if you didn't know this much about me..I'm sure you'll find out more. Or you can just ask me. hahaha out.

-kevin


"Sometimes it's easy to feel like you're the only one in the world who's struggling, who's frustrated, unsatisfied, or barely getting by. But that feelings a lie. And if you just hold on, you'll find the courage to face it all for another day and someone, or something, will find you and make it all okay. Because we all need a little help sometimes. Someone to help us hear the music in our world, to remind us that it won't always be this way. That someone is out there, and that someone will find you."

No comments:

Post a Comment